Currently, the Arab American Heritage Council (AAHC) has one (1) job opening. See below for details and to apply:
Overview: The Program Manager (PM) will report to the Executive Director and receives direction from them. The principal responsibilities of the PM are divided into three categories: program management, financial administration, and general administration.
Manage all aspects of the AAHC Immigration and Language Program including, but not limited to:
- Receive new immigration clients, helping with intake forms;
- Conduct preliminary consultations with all clients;
- Complete regular trainings on aspects of immigration law and policies;
- Oversee the management of all immigration cases of the AAHC;
- Provide referrals for immigration and translation clients using AAHC network;
- Translate documents from Arabic to English for translation clients;
- Assist immigration clients in obtaining cash/food assistance and health care;
- Develop & facilitate English as a Second Language (ESL) classes for immigrants;
- Develop & conduct citizenship classes for naturalization;
- Keep detailed documentation of monthly immigration/language services; and
- Regularly review procedures for effective delivery of immigration services.
- Collect and deposit all income;
- Issue receipts for all transactions;
- Process bills and collaborate with AAHC treasurer to pay expenses;
- Prepare invoices and financial statements; and
- Record monthly financial activity, send reports to AAHC accountant.
- Receive, direct, and provide information for all phone inquiries;
- Help recruit, manage, & train volunteers;
- Help plan events with staff and Executive Director;
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director;
- Sort incoming mail, give to appropriate staff or Executive Director;
- File all organizational finances and meeting minutes for record keeping;
- Coordinate maintenance of office equipment;
- Maintain office supplies storages; and
- Help supervise the Council’s office, keeping the facilities clean and organized
A successful candidate will be a friendly, detail-oriented team player with integrity, experience in office work and providing programs/social services, and excellent writing skills. Although no candidate will have experience in all of these areas, the Board is looking for candidates with proven track records in the following areas:
- Minimum two-year college/university degree, four-year degree preferred;
- Proficiency in Arabic, and sensitivity to Arab culture, history, and tradition;
- Knowledge of immigration system and laws, AAHC can provide training;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel and Word);
- Preparation and management of budgets – business/accounting experience;
- Project coordination, management, and implementation;
- Quick learner;
- Adaptable; and
- Well organized.
Pay rate is $15 per hour with 30 – 40 hours each week.
Applications close Wednesday, August 1st, 2018.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The AAHC has many volunteer opportunities throughout the year. Please fill out the form below if you would like to be added to our volunteer list so that we may contact you with these volunteer opportunities.