The AAHC offers many legal services to not only better the lives of Arab Americans within the community, but of any individual from any nationality. We have many accessible resources available to the public including immigration work and translation services.
General Immigration Services Offered
- Adjustment of Status
- Green Card
- Family Visa
- Travel Document
- Removal of Condition
- Employment Authorization (Work Visa)
- Fiance Visa
- Referral network for DACA, refugee, and asylum cases
Citizenship Application & Test Tutoring
The AAHC provides in office assistance with citizenship applications, as well as online support for citizenship testing. Below are direct links to online citizenship resources.
- USCIS Citizenship Resources: https://www.uscis.gov/citizenship
- US Citizenship Test Resources: https://citizenpath.com/us-citizenship-test-interview-preparation/
- Immigrant Legal Resource Center Resources: https://www.ilrc.org/step-step-guide-completing-new-naturalization-application
Translation & Interpretation of Documents
- Arabic translations available in office or locally in Flint; Flint Water Crisis documents are also available in Arabic in office
- Network of resources for referrals for other languages including French, Spanish, German, Mandarin, Vietnamese, Japanese, Greek, Russian, and many others
- Examples of document translations include: birth certificates, diplomas, death certificates, judicial and medical records, divorce decrees, etc.
English As a second langauge (ESL)
- English as a Second Language (ESL) classes are offered via University of Michigan Flint and Mott Community College: Mott’s English As A Second Language (ESL) and UM Flint’s ESL Program
- Practice the English language in office with any of our staff members – we are more than happy to speak with you.
- English conversation hours are encouraged for any individual who wants develop their English skills in a more practical setting, rather than just the classroom.